In 2016, an estimated 40.3 million people* were enslaved by human trafficking worldwide. Over half of these people are caught in forced labor, making many of the products we find in our homes.
It doesn't have to be this way.
Bringing freedom is possible and supporting fair trade is one way we can eliminate poverty and empower survivors with a sustainable, fair living wage in a dignified and safe environment.
Below is also a list of organizations that we know personally and choose to invest in. Their work is solid and the ethics are transparent.
Please consider donating to them on a one-time or monthly basis.
- The Joy Smith Foundation: Canada’s first Foundation to support victims of human trafficking
- Deborah’s Gate: A Place of Rescue and Hope for victims of human trafficking
- Walk with Me: Victim Services for Victims of Human Trafficking in Canada
- Free-Them: Be a voice for freedom, and raise funds to end Human Trafficking in Canada
- World Vision: Sponsoring a Child changes their lives and their community
- The Dalit Freedom Network: An International Network committed to ending racial oppression of the Dalits
- International Justice Mission: A Human Rights Organization that secures justice for victims of violent oppression
- Rahab Ministries Thailand: Helping women trapped in prostitution in Thailand, offering them a future and a hope through counseling and meaningful employment
* Statistic from the ILO.